Read the black, do the red

I was amused by a comment from Fr Philip Powell on creative liturgy
Dear Father,
Add me to your list of priests who avoid creative liturgies.
I can't tell you how many times I hear, "Great Mass, Father!"
And all I do is "Read the Black, Do the Red."
Fr. Philip, OP
I have said to people before that when someone says to me "That was a lovely Mass, Father", I feel like replying "Yes, great, wasn't it - first we heard the inspired word of God himself, then by the power of the Holy Spirit, the bread and wine were changed into the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ and his eternal sacrifice was made present for us on the altar. And to cap it all, we were able to feed on him in Holy Communion. Yes, really lovely."

Fr Philip's blog Domine, da mihi hanc aquam has excellent sermons. Well, he is from the Order of Preachers.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible