Oh-oh trads just wanna have fu-un

This is a video I took of the last verse of the hymn sung after Mass for the feast of the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Merton College during the CIEL Conference in September this year. Sorry about the jumpy start and finish and the blurry zooming - this was taken on my still camera which has video capability and I was trying it out.

I think that it conveys something of the joyful exuberance that prevails in traditionalist circles.

The words to the verse are:
Gloria tibi, Domine,
Qui natus es de virgine,
Cum Patre et Sancto Spiritu
In sempiterna saecula.
Ave! Ave! ora pro nobis
Sancta Dei Genetrix.

O Lord, Who were born of the Virgin, Glory to You with the Father and the Holy Spirit for ever and ever. Hail! Hail! pray for us O Holy Mother of God.
(If anyone from CIEL can let me have the text of the rest of the hymn by email to save me typing it out, I'll be glad to post it here.)

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible