Off to see The Great Silence

In November, I posted my thoughts on viewing the Italian DVD of Die Grosse Stille. This evening, I am meeting Fr John Boyle (South Ashford Priest) and Fr Mark Swires at the Barbican to see the film on the big screen. This week is fairly quiet and I am glad to be able to join them. I haven't been to the Barbican for ages.

Since seeing the DVD, I have spoken to the Prior of Parkminster who was not very enthusiastic about the film. He felt that it failed to capture the beauty of the scenery at the Grande Chartreuse where he spent many years. Nevertheless, I think the film is a very striking portrayal of Carthusian life for anyone who is interested.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion