Martyrs of Compiegne

Facebook is a pitfall! I was just intending to check it quickly and then found an invitation to join the group "I wear black on Bastille Day". I joined, of course, but had to point out that I wear black anyway but would even if I didn't, if you see what I mean.

The I thought I ought to mark the day here by remembering Blessed Anne-Marie-Madeleine Thouret and the martyrs of Compiegne. Before being guilottined, they knelt and sang the Veni Creator. (Sniff, excuse me, no, it's just something in my eye hrrrmph. OK now.)

Their feast day is actually on Tuesday. I was trying to remember where I had heard of them before - and of course it was my niece's Confirmation. She chose Blessed Juliette Vérolot for her patron.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible